Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
I don't get this Sigma Dock thing.

I've bought, oh, about twenty lenses over the last ten years or so (two Tokinas and all the rest Canons), used them on more than a dozen different cameras, and I have never, ever had to adjust any lens at any time, not with any of those cameras. And yes, I know what "in-focus" looks like. What is it with Sigma lenses that makes them not work properly in the first place and need the silly dock? Seems like a massive admission of incompetence to me. Why don't they just adjust their products properly in the factory the way all the other manufacturers do? I fair dinkum don't get it.
All my other lenses are "L" and all have needed micro adjustment on the camera body. The sigma hub lets me set the lens to its optimum settings for any camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
I don't get this Sigma Dock thing.

I've bought, oh, about twenty lenses over the last ten years or so (two Tokinas and all the rest Canons), used them on more than a dozen different cameras, and I have never, ever had to adjust any lens at any time, not with any of those cameras. And yes, I know what "in-focus" looks like. What is it with Sigma lenses that makes them not work properly in the first place and need the silly dock? Seems like a massive admission of incompetence to me. Why don't they just adjust their products properly in the factory the way all the other manufacturers do? I fair dinkum don't get it.
All my other lenses are "L" and all have needed micro adjustment on the camera body. The sigma hub lets me set the lens to its optimum settings for any camera.