Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
Dunno what these reviews were trying to convey, but it sounds ..... 'awkward' .... to say the least(and that's just trying to keep the discussion family friendly! )

Both 7D and D7100 are both very good focusing cameras, and shutter speed will be as close to what the rated speeds could hope to be.
Anyhow, if it were a choice of 7D or D7100, D7100 is the newer camera with a few advantages up it's sleeve.

The only real problem with ultra high resolution cameras, such as the D7100 (and I suppose to a slightly lesser degree the 7D too tho) is the need for good lenses and technique.

D7100 should serve you well for a while to come.
Agree about the sensor on the D7100. It shows any sloppiness, any motion and poor lenses. I'm still finding out which lenses are better for it than others. I can safely say that the 35mm 1.8 DX lens is still very sharp on the D7100. I;m surprised at the softness of others, but have yet to really test them in real world situations shot after shot, so I'm prepared to reserve judgement.
The D7100, like the 7D I'm sure, is a serious camera for anybody. It has superb handling, Nikon ergonomics and that shutter is as sweet as cream when it opens and closes. Very happy so far with mine. I loved the D5100. It has fantastic IQ for the buck, but the two bodies are a world apart in terms of handling.