User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: A brief hello from a long time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A brief hello from a long time ago.

Hi all.

It's been a long time since I've posted so I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

I live in Newcastle NSW and have had interests in photography for most of my life. I've been an active photographer for about 8 years. I consider myself an amateur photographer with my main interests in Landscape, Architecture, and the occasional Portrait.

I started off with my Canon 500D twin kit, with the 18-55 and 55-250. These were quickly replaced with a 17-85 and the trusty 50 1.8. And with some hard earned disposable income, I invested in my first L, the 17-40. That was about 4 years ago and I haven't turned back from the L series since.

Early this year I was fortunate enough to travel to Alaska during their summer. Before I went I decided to purchase the 24-105 L wanting to just have an all rounder kind of kit together the the 17 and the 50.

Was a beautiful place and the lens took beautiful rich awe inspiring shots.

I've recently bought the 6D after feeling that the 500D couldn't keep up with the images that the L lens were taking. This isn't to bag out the body in any way. The 500D had served me well and I've learnt so much from it. I just needed (wanted lol), to get a better body. The 5D3 was a definite consideration but the extra $1500 didn't sit well with a hobby that isn't paying. And for landscape I felt it would be all that I needed. Which brings me to where I am now.

I've been thinking of perhaps making some coin with the images i've taken over the years. I know that there's a lot I need to take into consideration and that there's plenty of others with the same idea.

I'm so glad that there's a forum like this with endless advice and feedback for which we can all benefit.

I'll be looking forward to learning what I can and maybe even bump into some of you.

Regards

Jason.
    Have recently discovered that I have been taking photos a lot longer than I thought I have ever been.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome back. Based on the above, we have upgraded you from beginner to intermediate level. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and Welcome back.. Will love to see some of your images from Alaska in the Forums..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers and thank you. Will have a read up on how to get photos up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaziz View Post
    Cheers and thank you. Will have a read up on how to get photos up.
    This should assist: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...dexes:How_Do_I

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    & Welcome Back
    - lets see some new photos in the main CC forums maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick.

I do need to ask though if there are any issues with me posting my Facebook page i've set up to show my images publicly. (Feel free to edit if needed)

Anyway, so my page is relatively new with only limited photos that i've received comment on from friends. Feel free to have a browse, Facebook.com/jaziz.images

Thanks Kym, I will definitely upload to the site directly for some CC and comps but i know it's size limited and most of my photos are RAW.

Early days... can't wait.