User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

View Poll Results: How do you get your images off your camera?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • External Card Reader

55 46.61%
  • USB cable

33 27.97%
  • Internal Card Reader

30 25.42%
  • I shoot tethered, its the only way

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you get images off camera

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have USB 3 inbuilt but in normal everyday use I haven't noticed a difference when using it. I'm sure there is one, but it hasn't been a factor for me.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, with these new-fangled large files and their inordinate downloading times, I am seriously considering prising the pictures off the card with a chisel!!!
    CC, Image editing OK.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Actually, with these new-fangled large files and their inordinate downloading times, I am seriously considering prising the pictures off the card with a chisel!!!
    Are you in a hurry?
    Truthfully, a Lexar card, 200x, through a Lexar usb2 reader transfers 50 NEF files at around 70mb each in under 2 minutes.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ta for this info, Andrew. I was thinking about using a card reader again. Now with this one and my luck, I'd probably end up with whiplash.
    uch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use card reader to upload to iPad for ease of The Cull then transfer to MacBook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    external card reader for me quicker. I use a Shintaro multi card reader and never had a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    External USB 2 card reader for me as well. Less messing around in finding where to put the camera on the computer desk. Plus the A99 has two SD card slots so I can be downloading and saving should the need arise....john

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a built-in card reader on my desktop, or an external card reader with my laptop

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4
    Nikon D70s, Tamron 18 - 200mm kit lens, Tokina 80 - 400 ATX, Nikon Nikkor 50mm, SB-600, Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod, Gitzo Monopod, No-name tripod (dads old one that i stole for my flash)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to do this too, so the difference in speed between USB2 or USB3 does not concern me. I believe that the intended life of a USB plug is 10,000 plugs, maybe including unplugs, so when the camera is damaged in the process it will be a good excuse to upgrade the camera. regards marty.

Ausphotography Regular Geoff Port's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USB cable for me. Haven't really thought about using the card reader (top of the line at the time) when I built my PC. Actually its NEVER been used. I do worry that eventually my 60D USB connection port will wear.
    Ezookiel. I quite often do what you do, leave the PC and 60D tethered for long periods but my camera shuts down after 2 mins. Thought that was just standard but a check of the settings reveals a range of choices.
    I don't have a problem with download speed and I'm a bit like "Lantern" I just make coffee while waiting.
    I must have a go at the card reader and a couple of spares in the bag might not go astray either as I can see myself out in the cold one morning long before dawn and finding I've left my card in the PC
    Geoff Portbury owns,

EOS 60D and a couple of lenses.

Ausphotography Regular Geoff Port's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just nicked out the back and shot a couple of dozen random pics then downloaded them via the card reader. WOW! much quicker than the cable.
    I'm hooked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internal Thermaltake USB 3.0....hammers on 21mp downloads-no time to make coffee
    Last edited by Fruengalli; 28-09-2013 at 6:23pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internal card reader: A must for me with any laptop upgrade is the internal card reader, and I always have one or two microSD card adapters laying about when I need to download phone or compact camera pics.

Tried the camera to laptop via the USB....too slow and I don't have much usable space left on my desk for the camera. At least, space that doesn't risk getting knocked off, constantly moved or risk a splash of tea/coffee/beer/wine etc.
    Hi! I'm Bill.

Constructive critique on photos and suggestions and tips for editing is most welcome.
    Nikon D5100, D7000, Nikon 35mm, Nikon 50mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 17-50mm, Nikon 18-135mm, Nikon 18-200mm, Nikon 55-300mm, Tamron 70-300mm
    SB-700 Speedlight, Manfrotto MKC3-H01

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12