User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sand in brand new tripod.....HELP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Monika i have thought of maybe a solution there is this product called emergency repair tape, i think it is a silicon tape that self binds like a plastic waterproof cover without leaving any residue when taking it off. try googling it this might be some help went going into the wet stuff.
    Comments and Criticisms are always appreciated.

Thank You:

John

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Congo. I will check it out. I have woken up feeling less depressed about the whole situation. I am going to see if a friend has a large tub (they go camping alot) and even that L shaped Torx key and give it a go myself. How hard can it be??? Wish me luck. I will let you know how I go!
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    ....... I am going to see if a friend has a large tub (they go camping alot) and even that L shaped Torx key and give it a go myself. How hard can it be??? Wish me luck. I will let you know how I go!
    Should be very easy once you start .. it all makes sense on how to get it apart.

I don't know if you NEED the tub, I just had each leg separated over the laundry sink, not really using water much other than on a soft cloth to wipe each leg tube down. I can't remember tho if I had much residual sand inside each leg tube that needed to come out .. it was quite a few years ago since I had to do the manfrotto. I've also done the Gitzo a few times, which like I said(same as benro) is a lot easier to pull apart, and again, I don't remember there being any sand inside the leg tubes.

I reckon, if your laundry trough is deep enough you could just run some tap water through the inside of the leg if there is any stuck sand inside.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, yes, you are right. Taken apart it the legs are not that long. Well, I am going out to BUY that torx thing instead. I think I might need one anyway. God, how I love mornings....I feel so much more positive in the mornings than at night!

On a mission now.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12