Thread: Reliable grey market sellers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A word of warning (for the positive), when I was looking at purchasing my setup, I looked at a number of grey stores. I saw negative feedback about a couple of places (DWI, eGlobal etc) but when I looked carefully, the one thing I noticed was that 99% of the negative feedback on the forums came from first time posters. That always makes me extremely suspicious. People don't register on random forums to post negative feedback about companies. That smacks of something more sinister like an annoyed local company trying to badmouth grey markets that are impacting their bottom line. I've subsequently purchased from a couple of a variety of places like DWI and have had no issues whatsoever. I would highly recommend them. Oddly enough I actually purchased my body and lenses locally because I managed to negotiate the guy down and with GST, the prices weren't much different, but my 1.4x converter was less than half the price and my SB700 also half. Also remember negotiating is an option. I've tended to only purchase the items which are less likely to be warranty impacted or only where there is a marked difference. I.e. on my 1.4x converter, even if it goes faulty, I could buy another and still be in the same price range.
    Last edited by MissionMan; 20-04-2013 at 9:06am.