User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: International Weddings - How to get a destination wedding ...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your responses and the tips.

I will need to check with my insurance if they would cover overseas weddings. Great idea ... I hope this will not be a bigger problem.
    @alsoclass: I wouldn't mind local or Australian clients ... would make no difference for me. Maybe it is different from a legal point of view

I am not really clued up with working permits - but a few of you mentioned it. I have a European passport ... so this will help in Italy, Tuscany (my dream location) and all Europe - But no idea about the US or some asian countries. Anyone some experience there to get a work permit for a overseas destination wedding? I think you would need to apply for a work visa. So I better google some visa pages for the country might help (will do this in case I get a wedding).

@Warbier: I have been to Santorini 2 years ago ... ahhh ... took an "Ixus" and did not even think about wedding photography. I must say this would be one wonderful spot to photograph ... amazing scenery. Not sure if I want to do a workshop.

@Wayne/@I M: You are right ... the market will be crowded everywhere in the world. So value for money would make sense. In Australia I can meet the clients and no one from Italy would search me - maybe someone would look for Jose Villa.
    I think I will look at the local markets and undercut their prices a bit when I love the location or maybe the local market does a complete different style to me and I am lucky. I speak a bit of French, Italian and German which should help.

@MarkL: hehe ... you got it! Of course I want a holiday. But I thought combining it with some nice weddings to shoot. Also a great idea ...

I found a cheap flight to Europe (the photography prices should be on par with ours) and will just book it and google some wedding forums overseas. I also might write some emails to wedding planners in my desired areas ... :-). In the worst case I will only go on a holiday but would be nice to fill up the portfolio with some different weddings.
    Last edited by aweiss; 12-01-2013 at 11:25pm.