Quote Originally Posted by wanderer51 View Post
I have also bought from DWI...A Sigma 10-20 lens. No problems with them or the lens at all. Shipping was swift. The lens arrived in 5 days. I would have liked to bought local, but the savings by buying from HK (approx $150) made all the difference. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
Maybe I am a bit naive , but the way I look at is that the chances of anything going wrong with a lens in the warranty period (assuming it is in perfect working condition in the first place and that you look after it properly is pretty remote. So when it comes to a lens I don't particularly worry about the warranty being honoured in AU (a camera body would probably be a different story though).
I admit to never having thought about it being fake/remanufactured or whatever, but I would imagine that if you stick to a reputable seller your chances would be slim of getting one like that.
Hay wanderer51 - Two things, If you go to CRKennedy.com.au and in the search box, type 'Price Match' you'll find that they'll match the HK sellers prices. CR's are the Aussie importers for various camera/digital products, well worth a look. All my Sigma stuff was purchased this way via Camera Electric in Perth with CR Kennedy's price matching. The product will have the usual 2 year full manufactures warranty. Local repairer as well.

If you read Rick's post, really, who would have thought that there would be a rote like Canon HK going on, I'm just being a little over cautious I guess. First real big dollar O/S purchase, from a grey importer.

I have heard of re-manufactured goods being passed on before. That's all, Cheers.

Thanks for your input.