User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In the middle of the night WHOOMFA!!!!

Who let the rabble in?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Pipe View Post
    Grrr I'm with Rick re: a mouth full. Good to see that now one was injured Lance, its also lucky that there were no pedestrians around at the time too.
    As I said to Rick, I was a little cranky at the time, but the girl was so upset and apologetic it was difficult to be mad at her. I was just happy she was ok and not drunk! Thank you for your concerns.

We have had a big influx of 3rd world immigrants to the Latrobe Valley that have probably never seen a car let alone drive one and are they a bloody menace on our streets!, they don't need distractions to drive bad
    I know what you mean!

Who let the rabble in?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Likewise good to hear that no one was injured.
    Thank you for your concerns, Andrew.

A major part of her remorse is that in all probability her brand new IPhone shot out of her hand and smashed into pieces on the dashboard -----
    LOL. I think you hit the nail on the head with that thought.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    re: the Phone! spot on I recon too. It would have been way to dark for her to be looking at herself in the mirror Sorry
    I drove a Maxi Taxi for 1 year with nearly 1.000.000.00 kmh on the clock, the owner kept promising me a new vehicle and one day my dream came true. Would you believe before I had had it for a week it was almost written off. I was working a night shift and had just picked up a young falla about 16 and while traveling on a main rd in a 60 zone a stupid Idiot in a Van with his young son drove straight threw a Giveway sign at a T intersection and we T Boned his Van at about 50k, Whooo pull up Nelly I thought as we caved the side of his van in.
    I could see his face as I approached the intersection, he was looking straight ahead and did not hesitate to go straight threw a Giveway sign I was in a Toyota High Ace Van and no deployment of the Air Bags either . The poor young Falla crapped his dack's, I knew we were going to crash so I braced the passenger with my left arm and held on tight.
    I only suffered with bruised knees and shins, and thank God the young bloke walked away
    Man was I angry
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listen to radio talk backs and there is a lot of talk about Rd safety lately and how to improve it and my Bloody Blood Pressure Boils.
    We Need More Police

What do you think of this.
    Every driver should sit for a Rd rule revision test every 12 months. Whether it be online or in person, What ever. Fail and Your Out!!!

I watched on a country road a P plater hold up an Ambulance and actually slow down, Shit, they had no Idea what to do
    How many P Platers have you seen not obeying the rd rules through not knowing them, when I got my ticket I learned that you have to travel in the left lane if you were going slow! Hmff Every Body breaks that one! Not me though.
    Dont you hate it when on a freeway that has a clear lane with no traffic that some one will still tailgate.
    Last edited by Duane Pipe; 05-04-2012 at 7:04pm.

Who let the rabble in?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Pipe View Post
    re: the Phone! spot on I recon too. It would have been way to dark for her to be looking at herself in the mirror Sorry
    I drove a Maxi Taxi for 1 year with nearly 1.000.000.00 kmh on the clock, the owner kept promising me a new vehicle and one day my dream came true. Would you believe before I had had it for a week it was almost written off. I was working a night shift and had just picked up a young falla about 16 and while traveling on a main rd in a 60 zone a stupid Idiot in a Van with his young son drove straight threw a Giveway sign at a T intersection and we T Boned his Van at about 50k, Whooo pull up Nelly I thought as we caved the side of his van in.
    I could see his face as I approached the intersection, he was looking straight ahead and did not hesitate to go straight threw a Giveway sign I was in a Toyota High Ace Van and no deployment of the Air Bags either . The poor young Falla crapped his dack's, I knew we were going to crash so I braced the passenger with my left arm and held on tight.
    I only suffered with bruised knees and shins, and thank God the young bloke walked away
    Man was I angry
    Glad you were all ok. I like your idea of more tests.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    Glad you were all ok. I like your idea of more tests.
    What else can be done.
    I listen to my Scanner most nights when I cant sleep.
    I can pick up as far as Cann River to Cowes/to South east Gippy, and man are the cops busy.

Here is a good bullshit story from the Police or the media.
    Listening to my scanner there was a high speed chase in progress and the cops said over the scanner that they had lost the car in blahh blaa street, I know exactly where they lost it
    Next day in the local rag the paper said that the police gave up the pursuit due to high speed.. Hmff, what dose that say!

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDo View Post
    Air bags are designed to deploy in any impact greater than 5km/hr. .....
    Nah! I think they deploy at greater speeds, like about 15 or 20km/h when a solid immovable object is hit.
    As the object hit will absorb some of the impact and provide a cushioning effect the actual speed when hitting a softer target is higher again.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its activated bye a Pressure point. It has too be, well maybe
    Is it activated by a Gyro or maybe a when your head smashes the windscreen it is activated

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    Nah! I think they deploy at greater speeds, like about 15 or 20km/h when a solid immovable object is hit.
    As the object hit will absorb some of the impact and provide a cushioning effect the actual speed when hitting a softer target is higher again.
    It seems to vary. For an over simple explanation, see point 2 here........http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/a...s03/page2.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12