Hi,

I am in the market for a new lens leading into Christmas as it looks certain I will have to work long hours so I am getting myself a present. I am chasing any advice Canon users might be able to give me about my choices:

Current Setup:
----------------------
* Canon 50D
* 50mm 1.8II
* 70-200mm F/4L IS
* 15-85mm F/3.5-5.6 IS
* 580EX-II
----------------------

For awhile I have been saying that my next purchase would be the 100mm F/2.8L Macro, but now that I am looking to pull the trigger I do realise that the vast majority of my photography at the moment, and certainly for the next few years, is general portraiture around houses and events just due to the nature that we have a young kid and another on the way.

Due to this I am beginning to think that I should look at upgrading my main indoor lens - the 15-85mm. The lens gets quite a good rep but I do find it a bit slow (and as a result always have the 580EX-II ready) and that is bokeh is underwhelming. Due to this I find myself reaching for the 70-200mm F/4L wherever I can get the people into the frame (even indoors), as the quality of the photos just seems that much better.

Looking at the metadata from all my photos taken with this lens and found that I have very little photos that I have taken in the 15mm-24mm range, with most being in one of three different focal lengths - 35mm / 50mm / 85mm. I would also like to think that in another year or two I will convince the wife to let me get a 5DmkIII.

One of the big advantages I see with the 24-105L is that it can easily become my travel/walkaround lens and remain as this if I upgrade to FF.

So what advice would people give knowing that I already have the 15-85mm but take the vast majority of my shots at the moment indoors or a close quarters outdoors?

The lenses I have been looking at are:
* 100mm F/2.8L Macro
* 24-105mm F/4L IS
* 24-70mm F/2.8L