Ok,

I've purchased tickets to the up and coming gig by 'The Church' here in Perth.

I read all the policy statements on the venue "Open air auditorium" in or around 'Red Hill' anyway, nothing about photography equipment. I have the idea that I'll send the standard email regarding photography equipment just in case, as I've been to the sister 'Auditorium' and it stated P&S only, no Pro gear allowed, no worries, got it.

Please advise on your policy to photography equipment as nothing listed on your website regarding this?

Email comes back with the usual blurb regarding no pro cameras and the like, I reply, so a camera with a detachable lens is ok? No only P&S allowed. But you don't have a listed policy, and I know the band is against the ritual laws and crap that we have to put up with at times, not so much rebels, but they have a cause.

So why do these places that have no policy, stop us as the paying punter, on bringing a DSLR to a gig? with out a policy? I understand if it's listed in B&W on a site/ticket before hand, but no policy???

What gives them the right to have a largish human at the door, tell me I can't enter due to my camera? do they feel intimidated by the tele lenght? I have purchased my ticket and have applied to the venues regs as they have stated, not my fault they have no policy, but get told via email, turn up with a DSLR and you won't get in.

I do however understand they may have a pro's or company/s shooting the event for promo, but that shouldn't stop the average punter, should it?

Love to hear your thoughts on this.

Are we being denined our right as individuals and as photographers???