So I would love to hear your thoughts on the ultimate currently available Canon produsts to suit you, and why.

For me, I would love the 1DMk4 (FPS) ((Sport)).
Lenses, 16-35mm II f2.8 L, 24-70mm f2.8 L, 70-200mm IS II f2.8 L, 200mm f2.0 L, 300mm f2.8 L + 1.4 and 2.0 TC's

The 70-200mm would be my main general sport lens and of course, for the long sport stuff and general wildlife, the 300 mm with/out TC would be my option every time. Having been lucky enough to use them all last weekend on a shoot, the 1Dmk4 with 300mm and the 400mm and also the 200mm f2.0, I can say, lugging the 400mm was too much, given the reach and IQ of the 300 f2.8 + TC and alot less weight, for me that was a great shoot to attend and some great (One Powerball) gear. The 200mm was by far my favourite lens that day, so bloody sharp, easy to use and light enough to lug around on a 1D all day every day. I'd say you might get a few strange looks wondering around with it hanging from your neck on the old holiday tours tho. Maybe some envious ones aswell.

The 16-35mm would be my sea/landscape lens of choice, all day everyday.

The 24-70, would probally live on the body, untill I had a speciality need for one of the above.

Given my passion is sea/landscape work and try in vain to get some good sharpe Rugby shots, this I feel would fit the bill nicely.

What's yours?