A few months ago, Robert Keeley, editor of Australian Photography magazine, received some images of mine which I had submitted to the magazine for a competition.

He rang me, complimented me on the images, told me he saw a story in the images, and then asked me if I'd consider writing a feature article for the magazine about my images and how I created them.

Hence began my article on creative light painting, which I submitted with a number of my images I had created using various light painting techniques and equipment.

My article is featured in the November (2011) issue of the magazine.

Below is a scan from the first two pages. You'll have to buy the magazine to read the rest. ;-)

It was quite an honour to be asked to write for the magazine, and most of my text had been preserved. I could see a few minor edits and additions, but the bulk of it is how I wrote it. (I haven't compared the original and published versions yet, but it's quite close.)

I hope those of you who get to read it will enjoy it, learn something new and be inspired to try light painting.

More details on the process of the writing of the article (and an insight into the world of writing for magazines) are here.

Enjoy.