I have been letting the grey matter get the better of me.

How is it that we all try to find the sweat spot on our various lenses? say F5 - F8 but if your glass is of the F2.8 quality or better, and we're chasing a nice blurred background or not, we/I set to F2.8 AV, Servo Ai mode, ISO @ 400 - 500 and happly snap away in burst mode and pray my or your AF has turned up to play today for that one real keeper shot?

In my low light work, my Sigma 18-50MM F2.8 loves F5 and will work happily for very long exposure times, and then seems to re-act well for landscape work at the typical F8 - 11ish Stops on first/fading light.

This goes against the grain of the sweat spot.

Has ISO got that much to do with it?

Is it all about the speed? Ladies maybe can answer that one.LOL

So do we/I target the main object in the frame and use a smaller F-Stop closer to the sweat spot, to gain the all important sharpness?

Or do we use the open F-Stop and shot a wider image, crop and pp/sharpe/adjust/highlight/brush and combe it till it's desirable?

Love to hear your thoughts and reason behind experiences - or instances you may choose each or either.

I'm using my experiences with Rugby Union, so I would be refering to our faster moving sports,

I guess Lawn Bowls may be out of the theme of this one. LOL

Thanks you all in advance.