Scene 1:

Its the schools year 12 final mass and dinner (for which I am a part of) and I am the school unofficial tog.
I get into the school hall where the mass is being held and setup at the back.
There are heaps of parents there with cameras (as you would expect).
A couple of them are seated in front of me are having trouble setting up their cameras and as for help, I did my best, but at the same time, I inform them that all my photos will available to all the students on the schools network, at no cost.

When the mass is finished and everyone heads to the venue where the dinner is held, I get a lift with the principle and ask him if there where going to be any presentations, and he asks why? I ask him if soneone could say something about where the students could find my photos because some of the parents where asking for a copy and there might be other who may want them.

Scene 2:

We get to the venue a little later than the majority of the students and their parents, and who do I see when I get inside, but two pro tog taking photos of everyone coming.

So I ask the Principle and the school's PR rep if they hire the pro togs, other wise I would leave my kit in the bag and let them do all the work. But they say no and no idea who they are and they probable came with the venue.

So I say fine and start shooting everything, include doubling a lot of group shots the pro shoots, and inform those that I shoot that mine are free....

I could see the pro getting a little tense, but the best was about to announced.

The announcements beging.....

The head of year 12 department gets up and say that the photographers (pro togs) will be around for a hour if they wish to have the photo taken.

Then principle get up and say.... That all the photos that (I) take, will available on the schools network FOR FREE, if they wish to have their photo taken.

OOPS, there goes the pro tog's profit for the night, and I start to had fun.