The folks at LensRentals.com have been busy playing with multiple new toys and the 'head honcho' over there seems to have put together a well written article on how all these ... my lens is soft or my camera is back focusing stuff can be confusing and badly responded too.

Lensrental article by Roger Cicala

Makes for an interesting read if you are interested in this kind of stuff which, BTW, I think is important to understand.

I also agree with him on his summary of Live View, and even though I don't use it 'all the time' but I use it regularly .. I think it's one of the most impressive and important breakthroughs in DSLR camera bodies, ever! .. well for now. EVF's are the next logical step beyond that, and even tho we scoff at them because they're currently not as high quality as an optical vf, but when the technology reaches maturity it'll kill the OVF and dance on it's grave at it's funeral Focusing will be more accurate and consistent (or at least should be) as it is with Lv mode at the moment.

Anyhow, if your camera/lens is not producing the goods as per 'it's reputation' implies it should be, then keep this article in mind.
And knee jerk reactions to a pseudo problem, may actually be doing more harm than good to the overall system.