Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I informed them that I had this lens on my 7D and was making an arm to attach to the zoom ring so he could operate the zoom with his right middle finger. He then just handed the phone back to my mate who then left the shop with the parting words "You have just lost a sale."
    Funny thing about most salespeople, Keith; they're all "experts" until they meet a real one. My sister-in-law once asked my advice about buying a new laptop computer, so I recommended a brand and model for her budget. When she got to the store they tried every which way to sell her anything BUT what she asked for, even though they had it in stock. Exasperated she asked them if they'd heard of a particular brand of Linux, which they had. She then pointed out that her recommendation came from her brother-in-law who was the current project coordinator for the development of that Linux version. The discussion ended abruptly and she was given exactly what she asked for. They were lucky she didn't do what your friend did and take her business elsewhere! At least she got a good laugh out of the look on their faces when they found out where the advice was coming from!

BTW, nice sharp image and well within the sweet range of the Bigma.
    Last edited by WhoDo; 27-09-2011 at 2:19pm.