I got this idea a few weeks ago, to capture an image of a driver and their machine.

Be it they drive a car, motorbike, boat, scooter, plane or fly a helicopter.

Whether the vehicle is new, old, standard, modified, rare or common.

I want to capture the person as the main focus, and the vehicle second. It's about the driver, bringing them out in the photograph and showing off their pride and joy (Or their means of getting from A to B).

So far I've done 5 shoots, I have 47 interested people in a private Facebook event of just my friends alone, plus there are people at work who are interested, and friends of friends who are interested (word spread around!).

Some of these extra interested parties are driving Porsches, GTRs, AMGs, etc. So I'm excited to get around to those too!

So far:

Russell - My father, with his Triumph Street Triple
Upon discovering a new "style", I thought my dad looked pretty intimidating. He wants to keep that hairstyle, because so many people around him hate it. I think it makes him suit his bike more than the usual clean cut look he has haha.. So I wanted to focus more on this, while showing a bit of his bike

Mark with his Scooter he imported from Japan
Mark lived in Japan for a number of years, being half Japanese and all. He imported this bike over when he moved to Sydney and it is such an unusual sight on the road. The big oversized scooter, modified in cool ways. An exhaust that sticks upwards on one side, LED lights, a stereo, etc. I wanted to show this off, while showing off how tall Mark is (he is damn tall). This kind of just worked out nicely!

Henri with his Scooter
Henri is a rather humble person, suave with the ladies, a goof with us boys. But definitely very stylish. He is French, so naturally, one would assume he'd have a lot of style. That's definitely correct. This was one of the first photos I got in the shoot. It seemed he just naturally went for a pose, which was then followed by lots of sillyness!

Conrad and his bright red Celica
Ah Conrad, he is just a personality within himself. He wasn't really sure how to go about this photoshoot, and neither did I. I tend to picture what it is I want to take building up to a photoshoot, so I have an idea on how I'd like to go about it. I pictured the bright white carpark making the red of the car stand out more, but I'm still getting used to how to get people to pose. I try to get them to do what they feel is comfortable, but having a camera pointed in your face and being told to "act comfortable and natural" brings out all kinds of different emotions! I got some good shots of him, and this one stood out amongst the others. There is some kind of balance there.

Matthew with his Honda Integra
I hadn't met Matthew before, and he had no idea what this project was about. So on the way there after meeting them, our original location was too busy, so I jumped in his car and we headed elsewhere. It worked out quite well I say! I explained to him what it was all about, and told him to just do what he wanted to do. It worked really well, from the very little I know about him, it seemed to represent the right kind of image that I myself wanted to portray.