Hey all was just out shooting a game at the NSW Basketball Northern Junior League Finals here in Tamworth this weekend, for a friend.

So I was shooting from the stands with my K-r and Siggy 70-200 2.8, lighting inside was fairly good and was all natural sunlight through many skylights. Shot in Tv mode set to 1/640 and Auto ISO which bounced around between 800-3000 most of the game depending on clouds rolling through, so that had the lens wide open all game. I also used Centre-weighted metering with Centre-point AF and AF.C (continuous) mode.

Now I'm not trying to run off and blame my gear, I'm not for that. But now I'm back in my room sorting through all the pics and in about half the shots, focussing is completely &#&*ED! See an OOC example below.

IMGP5577.jpg

With AF.C and Centre-point focus why the heck is it front focused so badly? I'm honestly so frustrated by this and the shots that were wasted, I really feel like smashing the bloody camera to bits.

As I said earlier this has happened to many photos I took today where the camera has focused on something well away from the centre of the frame and stayed there. But it seems inconsistent as others focused fine and was not shot under tungsten which can give the K-r FF. Is this something I've done or am enabling? I hope so lol cause this is the very first time I've become furious with photography and would really prefer it to be me than my gear.