I'm looking at setting up a rig similar to this thread as I will need to do similar shoots from time to time. Currently I have a 7D that has wireless trigger using the onboard flash and a 580EXII. To date I have had some success with having my 580 off camera and triggering remotely, it seems very reliable and the light ratios and groups etc are pretty easy to use. So I'm thinking I need to take it up a notch but I'm unsure of a couple of things...

I've considered continuous lighting from this new site advertiser but it seems to maximise flexibility and get more power, strobe seems the way to go?

Should I buy another 580EXII or would something cheaper be an option, would it work with the 7D wireless system for lighting ratios etc? I think I like being able to control it all on camera, if I run into issues with firing I would consider adding some remote triggers.

Umbrellas vs softbox, is this a ford vs holden thing or can someone fill me in on the pros and cons of each??

I've been looking at site advertisers...something like this...any thoughts?? http://protog.com.au/strobist-starte...lla-p-293.html

Not looking to spend big dollars (a few hundred would be ok), just something to have a play around with that I can maybe build on. Happy for any advice on setting myself up.