I'm sure there are quite a few members here who still uses manual focus lenses. Some people think that they need to save a lot of money just to shift to FX which is certainly not true at all unless you want those latest AF G lenses with Nano coating. I just purchased three Nikkor MF lenses in excellent condition which only cost less than $350 USD. and they all work perfectly fine with my D700 / D7000. For non-cpu lenses, you'll need to enter and save the lens data on the camera. It will be able to meter whenever you use these old lenses. I hope you can participate and show case your MF lenses. I'll start it off with what I have.

My classic Nikon lenses

Nikon Classics by gqtuazon, on Flickr

First on the list my $50 Nikkor 28mm f3.5 ai lens. The serial numbe indicates that it was produced back around in Sep 1981.
You can check out the history of the lens date production by using the link below.

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html#28

Nikkor 28mm f3.5 ai by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Sample image using the 28mm f3.5 ai lens

Yellow Iris by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Next on my list is my newly acquired Nikkor 135mm f2.8 pre-ai (K series) which was converted to Ai. This was another bargain lens that I got for $115 USD which came with it's original box. The lens is still in excellent condition and it was produced back between Nov 1976 - 77.

Sample image at f2.8. This lens produces great bokeh.

Nikkor 135mm f2.8 pre-ai @ f2.8 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

@f8 just to get more DOF. A very nice sharp copy of this lens.

Nikkor 135mm f2.8 pre-ai @ f8 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

and the last one in my inventory is my Nikkor 300mm f4.5 ais lens which was produced back in Nov 1981.

Nikon 300mm f4.5 Ai lens with hood retracted by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Sample images with the Nikkor 300mm f4.5

Dragon fly by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Nikon 300mm f4.5 bokeh shot, f8, 1/160 hand-held by gqtuazon, on Flickr