So I'm seriously thinking of selling my 24-70 f2.8 & 70-200 f2.8 and switching to predominately primes. Namely Sigma 30 f1.4, 50 f1.4 & 85 f1.4, I would also just buy a Nikon 70-300 VR to replace the long end (which I don't use very often) and a sigma 10-20 for the wide end (both cheap zooms second hand and very capable). I don't think I would miss the two pro zooms, both of which are awesome lenses though.

My reasoning is I find myself wanting to do portraits and other shots with super shallow DOF and shed some weight for general walk about photography with just 1 or 2 primes instead of one big heavy zoom. Although I have before, i don't really want to do events and weddings, it doesn't excite me. All my photography is for me, where i have time to compose and move to get the shot I want the way I want. Financially I can only get the primes if I sell the zooms, I can't have both.

Anyone eles made the switch to predominately primes? How'd you find it?

Will I regret selling the zooms to be replaced by primes for my main photography work?

This is not a prime vs zoom bashing discussion, they both have their place and strengths.