We went to a festival last night to take some dusk and evening candids. Was there about 1.5 hours, just finishing eating a snack and I took my camera out and was snapping some of the scenes around me. Well, this guy, comes up and asks if I was taking photos of his children. Taking scenes and taking children is different to me. My rule is no individual children. So I said I did not think so, he asked me to show him the last two shots I had taken, and there in a group scene shot, his daughter was there with a whole group of other people enjoying the festival. I said I apologize, and deleted the image. So you would think every thing ok, but no, the wife went chasing about for security, who came and said he had a complaint. I explained that I had inadvertently, shot a scene that had his daughter in, that I had apologize, and that I deleted it. Security said fine all ok, but the people concerned did not let it go. One of the men chased after the security guy to get us kicked out of the festival, but we had not done anything wrong, and security said, its over. So we continued to enjoy the festival, but this group of people. stood glaring at us, to try and make us uncomfortable. I know the law here in Queensland, regarding shooting in public places, and children. So I was not going to be chased away by anyone, if security saw nothing wrong.
We left about 20 mins later, and low and behold one of the men followed us for about 2 blocks, to see where we were going. Now I am not a confrontational person, but I should have turned around and asked what he was doing, but let it go. He had the problem not me. So my vent:

In a public place,
Shooting candid scenes
Took a scene shot that had his daughter in
Apologized
Deleted
**** should be all over,
but
wife called security to try and have us ejected.
Security said we were ok
Then followed us to intimidate

Left a bad taste in my mouth......

Sorry for the long vent

Angry that some people just have to try and take it further.

Kazdez