I am going to be in the US next week and have a long list of things to buy at B and H. I currently have a 50D that my father left to me when he passed away. I have really only been shooting without 'pointing and praying' for a couple of months now so I really am a basic beginner. I love taking landscape, sunsets, sunrises and 'street shots' (a bit of hockey on a Saturday morning as well).

I have always thought I'd stick with the 50D for a couple of years and then when I've beaten it to death pick up a better body. So here's the thing, the dollar is SO good against the US dollar at the moment, I can pick up a new body for $1600 and sell the 50D. I have been doing a lot of research and the 7D is such a good body, some people say its miles better than the 50D others, well the jury is out. In the end I do know it is what is behind the camera not the camera itself.

What I am trying to ask is if you had a 'good' photographer do you think you can tell that a photo has been taken by a 50D as opposed to the 7D. Is it worth making the investment now with the dollar so good? I love my camera and really I can't even take a good photo yet so I know I am jumping the gun.