Decleration: I will not be taking any of the replies in this thread as legal advice and in the event that I am not able to satisfactorily determine, from legal or government documents, what I require or my responsibilities, proper legal advice will be sought.

I am about to undergo a revamp on my business (boat accessory design and manufacturing) website. After reading a recent thread by Lani about the use of a car, I thought it would be in my best interest to research my rights and requirements to use pictures of boats (I don't make them) with Canopies (that I do make) on the website. I will be photographing a new product specifically for this revamp, but will need to put it on a boat. I have 2 options for this:

Option 1: New boat, supplied from a dealership we currently have a working relationship with. Will I need permission from the manufacturer for this?

Option 2: Privately owned boat, supplied by an existing or new client with permission and perhaps compensation. Again will I still need permission from the boat manufacturer? Or alternatively if I select a boat made by one of the many manufacturers that no longer exist will it make things simpler?

Below is a rough mock up of what I envisage the site will look like throughout, with different boats for the different products, and the stamp (proudly aust made) replaced with text. I would also like to have a gallery of previous work as well.

New FP Draft.jpg

In this sample the products we make are the bright green bits and the black thing with shiny legs tucked away towards the back of the boat

Cheers
Terry