Well, I am after advice as to whether I have made an error. I pined for a 5D MKII, but not caring about video and not being able to justify the expense, I had settled on the 7D.

I spoke to the salesman over the phone, got my head in the place where I was right to buy it and then turned up this morning to collect my shiny new 7D.

Oops, out of stock. Talked to the sales guy for about 40 mins and walked out with a 60D.... here is my question -

I mostly take nature shots (birds, wildlife etc) while bushwalking. Don’t want/need video functionality as I have a HD video camera for that. I don’t do much in the way of portraits, other than the odd family shot camping. Don’t do any real sporting photography.

Have I cut my throat with settling for the 60D?

Please bear in mind that I have a fairly limited budget (can afford the 7D if there are valid reasons for it). My past camera was a Pentax 35mm (which I have been too busy to use for the last two years).

I have a 14 day period where I can return the camera and change it for the 7D if there are compelling reasons for doing so, however did plan to put the savings towards some nice glass in the future.

Looking forward to all comments.

Thanks in advance.