Hi All,

Can you help me decide the best direction for what I'm after. I currently have a 18-55 (that came with the 500D) and a EF 28-80 USM and EF 80-200 USM, that I used with an older SLR and now use with the 500D. I used the 80-200 a few weeks ago at an airshow and was disappointed with the results when trying to photograph the aircraft in flight.

I would like to know whether I should invest in a Kenko 2X converter to used with the 80-200 or, purchase a EF 100-300 USM with the converter. Or, should I look at a new lens, I like the Sigma 50-500 or 120-500?

I understand that there is a big price difference between the len and tele converter combination v the Sigma's but I would like the opinions of those on the forum for the best direction and/or other options I should consider.

As for the photos I like to take, obviously aircraft (during demonstrations and static), storms/whether (especially lightning) and I am doing a big NSW-SA-WA-NT-NSW road trip next year and will be taking a lot of landscapes etc. So please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
Tom.