Quote Originally Posted by jasevk View Post
Scotty, the AIPP has very good reason to help the public understand what professional photographers ate about, how they operate and what to expect when they engage the services of a photographer... The AIPP is committed to ensuring that pros are provided with all the resources and business tools to be able to minimize risk to the client. They are also launching a program to ensure that pros are keeping their skills up to date by attending seminars and workshops etc, which at the end of the day is nothing but beneficial to members AND peace of mind to their clients.

Therefore... I don't see what's so silly about the comments made earlier???
The comments related more to the fact that the photographers need to promote the AIPP
to Joe Public. Joe public doesn't care! Joe public cares about examples of quality photos.

People are talking about photography as though it were brain surgery or some other highly skilled occupation on which lives, liberties or nations depend... Come on, get over it! The most at stake here are the feelings of bridezillas and egos.

Sorry to sound harsh but, true!

When I had to go into hospital for a brain scan (MRI), I didn't care what organisations the radiographer, radiologist or neurologist belonged to (or even if there exists such organisations).

You send your kids to school; do you grill each of their teachers as to which professional organisation they belong to? I have been the teacher of literally thousands of different students in 2 states and in Korea. I have never once been asked - ever.

The once I have appeared before a magistrate represented by a barrister (thankfully for which I did not have to pay), I didn't ask him about his memberships.

I had the pleasure on stepping on board the USS Missouri many years ago; damn, I should of asked the captain if he belonged to the 'captains of ships capable of destroying the world club' and demanded he resigned if he could not produce his card.

I would contend that:-

your health;
your kids' education, and;
your liberty
defense of the free world

are far, far, far, far, far, far, far (get the point?) more important than the absolute sharpness of your wedding photos

If we trust people in these vital areas, then really - a few photos? A big deal? I don't think so.