Assuming there is no FP mode, is it possible to get the camera to sync with an off-camera flash at shutter speeds higher than the max sync speed?
I've only been using Nikon's CLS system so I'm not familiar with how other brands work and max sync speed in general.
When in manual everything mode and using a radio trigger of some sort, can you manually set up the exposure with a shutter speed higher than the stated max flash sync and still have your flash light your subject without any part of the shutter curtain showing up in the frame?

Eg.1 lets say you're outdoors in bright daylight and you set your exposure for the background and you require a high shutter speed but your subject is in the shadows to be lit off-camera by a brolly or softbox. Will the flash duration be long enough such that you can still expose your subject provided you up the intensity of the flash to compensate for the shorter duration of the shutter or won't it sync at all.

Eg.2 lets say you wanted to freeze a subject in motion with an off-camera flash. Do you do it with the shutter speed or does the flash duration do the 'freezing' so to speak. Assuming the subject is only lit by the off-camera flash and ambient light plays no part.
If its flash duration, how do I find out or ctrl how long the flash duration lasts?
If its the shutter speed, same question as above in eg.1 - is there a way to still sync past the max flash sync speed?