Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
Didn't realise it was against the site rules to offer other alternatives. The attitude coming through in some of the posts here is not all that nice.
You're all for wanting us to critique photos, but hell no don't dare critique what somebody else suggests using as kit. Even if that might stop somebody making a large financial outlay to end up with a lump of very expensive alloy that doesn't do what's wanted or needed. Thats more important than saying "nice photo" or "the shadows could be lightened".

I'm a Mechanical Engineer - I critique machinery and equipment for a living and photographic gear is no different for any other machinery - this is what I do. I don't upload endless quanitities of meaningless photos waiting for somebody to tell me what I already know -to me that's pointless. These days I don't get anything out of this website other than an occassional laugh and a bit of a read, but I give back in terms of almost 40 years of engineering and photographic experience.

In saying this, I seem to be the round peg in the square hole - Rick if you don't like my attitude then say it to me, don't just make generalisations and I shall forthwith terminate my membership its no loss to me. As a public website I don't have to log on and the membership can do without whilst the benefit of looking is still there.