@MC: First image kinda work's for me, though it dosnt at the same time.. The perspective of the photo give's me the illusion that you have your subject tilted on a very steap angle, thus in saying that look's very unconfortable for the subject lol, even though he look's quite content.. lol

In my opinion, shooting a subject with them being at such a low angle (head resting on the floor). You may wan't to try and really get down to there head level, looking them almost head on or around 45degree's so to say. And last thing, choping off the elbow's (body part's), sometime's not a good thing with a full or half body shot's .. Like many other's will say here, alway's try and experitment with differnt angle's and level's and of course keep practicing

Apart from that, lighting (white balance ect) spot as far as I can tell (no expert though), the photo is nice and sharp with a good DOF.

Photo 2: I really like this one, the B&W treatment has been done well, look's studio to me. Well to be honest, I thought they all where done in studio when I first saw the image's . Anyway, the 3rd is my fav / pick, there's abit of everything there. From emotion being the mother and the child, the B&W treatment that enhance's it and just the generule layout all in all.

Topstuff matey..

Chris