A friend (inexperienced) had accepted a request to shoot her friend's wedding as a favour....no payment involved. It's two weeks away now and she has asked me this morning to be second shooter. I have no experience with weddings either. I accepted for two reasons....

1..for this particular friend. She is eight and a half months pregnant and I can't handle the thought of her coping all day alone.

2... as there is no payment involved, no contract, for me it would be invaluable experience...even though it is not something I would have normally sought out at this stage. For the couple getting married, as they have not made any other arrangements, whatever we can produce is surely better than nothing at all.

I have accepted and will not be backing out on my friend, so any advice to walk away etc is pointless at this stage.

I have arranged with her for us to check out the church, the nearby park etc where the couple want some pics taken.
The problem I have is that the church is darkish and the outdoor photos will be done in the middle of the day -maximum contrast. We will need fill flash outdoors and flash inside the church...assuming it's allowed (we will check). As neither of us has an off-camera flash unit, I was hoping to borrow at least one for that weekend or, if we have to, hire. If there is a kind person in Brisbane who could spare a Canon speedlight or two (or equivalent) on the weekend of the 19th Dec., I would be most grateful.

If anyone has advice/ideas for the day, also very welcome.