Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zeiss Camera

Hi

I have an old (1930's) Zeiss Ikon camera, which I inherited from my father.
    It has a bit of a story, my father and 4 other POW's bought the camera from a German POW guard for 150 cigarettes (which they got from Red Cross parcels) near the end of the war. The 5 POW's then drew cards to see who actually got to keep the camera, and my father drew high card (he said it was the only thing he ever won!) So the camera cost him 30 cigarettes.

I remember him using this camera to take family snaps when I was a child, and seeing the sometimes blurred small black and white photos which were in the family album.

In memory of my father I would like to shoot a roll of black and white film with this camera this Christmas, when all the family is together. I believe it uses 120 roll film. Does anyone know? It says '2 1/4" x 3 1/4" ' inside, so I presume this is the negative size. What film should I buy? Can I still get film for this camera?

The camera appears to be in working order, the aperture control works (f6.3 to f22) and so does the shutter speed control (1/25 to 1/125 sec). The shutter opens and closes OK.
    The bellows appears to be light tight, so I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I will get a light reading from my D300 and apply the settings.

Any advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David

Nikon D810
    Nikkor AF-S 24-120VR, Nikkor AF-S 16-35VR, Nikkor AF-S 70-300VR, Nikkor AF 50 f1.8
    Tamron 90mm Macro