This is going to get you all out and about and using what you have learnt

This challenge involves taking a landscape/seascape photograph, with the following stipulations:

* Must be taken during dawn/dusk - i.e. around sunrise/sunset.
* The composition must take into consideration the Rule of Thirds.
* The photograph must have something in the foreground (ie foreground interest).
* Use the widest lens you have (at the widest setting. i.e.. 18-200 lens, use it at 18mm)
* A tripod will be handy if you have one, if not, use something to stabilise your camera.
* You can set the camera up as you wish (auto/ semi-auto/manual).

As an example, look at the photo below. Taken not long after sunrise. Notice how the wave in the foreground adds 'depth' to the photo. Look at how the horizon is one third down from the top of the photo and the wave line is one third up from the bottom. Also the Rule of Thirds comes into play across the photo, look how the two land masses in the distance intrude about 1/3 of the way in on each side. Notice how the sun is slightly off-centre.

Consider your composition carefully for you shot. When you find your location, scout around, don't just walk to the easiest place from the car. Take your time, a good landscape shot can take preparation. Sometimes you can get ready, then sit around for 15 mins, waiting for the 'right' light. Even write down the guidelines and take them with you. Line up your shot then review the guidelines, and check your composition in the viewfinder before taking your shot.

Have fun, and I am sure the members will take delight in seeing your results.