OK, time's up! - I have to ask...

I've been looking at this laptop problem (for a friend, during brief visits) a few times over the past couple of weeks but
have not been able to fix it

What?
On a Lenovo G50-45 running Win 10 Home, the Camera will not work in Skype or Zoom, only the usual mirror image in the
MS Camera app. This has been happening for over a month. He cannot recall any incident that may have caused it, and I
can't think of anything else.

In Skype, for instance, it shows a normal image until you make a video call, then the recipient only receives the user's profile
image, and no live stream. Clicking the camera icon On/Off does nothing. The user can see the other party quite OK. In Zoom
(he says) he can see everyone else but gets a blank screen tab for himself, and others cannot see him.

The usual suspects:
1) Checked all Win 10 settings for Camera and Privacy; Apps that can use the Camera; in Skype, the Audio and Video settings.

2) The MS Camera app alone shows the usual (and weird) mirror-image of the scene.

3) BIOS on this computer does not separately list a camera.

4) Did an update of the camera drivers, and even deleted the camera and had it reinstall - all with the same result.

As a temporary measure, so he can be seen by his OS rels, I put Skype on his phone. It works, but it's pokey, so no Zoom on
his phone yet.

So I'm asking, what else is there to do?
Thinking: next will have to check registry setting; get an external webcam (an old one I have does not work in Win 10 ) but it
seems desperate to have two cams, and what if they BOTH don't work...!!???!!

Ta, and all thoughts welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, add to the above list of checks:

5) Plenty of Internet bandwidth at 50/20 Down/Up...