Hi all,

Got a few issues that have come up with my camera gear and I'm at a loss as to explain what's happened.

Currently, my Canon 70D body only "works" with my Sigma 10-20mm lens. However, it isn't in synch properly with the body. What I mean by this is that I shoot in Manual mode and rely heavily on the Histogram in Live View mode. However, the Histogram currently does not reflect what the actual photo looks like, at all. Eg. If I take a photo with a perfectly exposed Histogram on the back of the camera, the actual photo is coming out well over-exposed. I need to manually set the camera setting, in Manual mode, so that the histogram looks like it is severely underexposed. Only then will the camera take a properly exposed photo. It's very frustrating, as now every photo I take requires all guesswork and experimentation - with nothing to guide me.

The second issue is that my other three lenses no longer work with the camera. My 18-250mm, 100mm and 50-250mm all now come up with the Err 01 message when I try to take a photo, which is for "Err 01 Communications between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts."

I have followed all the Youtube suggestions about cleaning everything etc. and am about to try an electrical tape method... which apparently gets the lenses working in full manual mode. But this is not what I want. That's fine for landscape shots, and even Macro... but I can't be using manual lenses when I want to take photos of the kids running around.

I am just very confused about what's actually happened here. Obviously if it was one lens and something had happened, I'd assume the lens was faulty. But I don't think that has anything to do with it. Three of my perfectly working lenses haven't just suddenly all become faulty, so I have to expect it's something more to do with the camera body? But again, everything looks okay there too.

I should add that I did recently get a bit of rain and seaspray on the camera and the only lens that is still working. But not on the lenses that don't work, and the moisture, really, isn't anything more than what the camera has already endured before. I'm pretty confident that's not the cause, but then I don't know what is.

Biggest issue is I don't know what to do now. Every fix I've tried on the net doesn't work, including updating Firmware, which I just completed. Made no difference. Just not sure what the next step is. Any tips I may not have seen yet?