I'm wanting to make some video for youtube, which will involve some outdoor components.

I'm wanting to do a few but not invest in further equipment except an (ideally inexpensive) microphone if needed.
My plan wil involve some outside filming (talking to camera) and screen capture stuff.

For the former it's unlikely that the microphone in my devices wil be sensitive enough to pick up over any distance, especially if there's any breeze.

Filming devices available are an old GoPro Hero2, a Sony Action Cam (a bit newer), a Panasonic Lumix FZ200 camera, and my Huawei Mate 20 pro mobile phone.

I guess it'll come down to either the FZ200 or phone.

But the video itself is only half of the equation I will need decent sound quality (the main difference between an Ok and terrible video).

Microphones for mobile phone cameras are pretty expensive for what they are (ie $ for 'ok')

If using the FZ200 the built in microphone is pretty useless.

According to https://www.panasonic.com/content/da...er/vqt4h84.pdf
it has an optional external mic (DMW-MS1) the quality of which I have no idea but does appear to be monaural.

I'm not sure whether its a general mic plug or more likely some special 'suitable for panasonic's mic only' socket. I suspect the latter because the camera's manual states "When a stereo microphone other than the dedicated stereo microphone is used, it will not only malfunction, but may also cause damage, so do not use it."

So I need a mic solution that doesn't have to plug directly into the camera

In any event all advice is welcomed.