Thread: Let's review something we do not own

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's review something we do not own

There are some hilarious reviews out there in interweb lands. Photography gear gets its fair share.

Take some recent reviews on the Hasselblad H4D-50 which sold for around $19K (USD).

"i sold my family into white slavery to secure the funds necessary for the purchase of this stellar piece of camera equipment. i must say i’ve never regretted my decision and as a bonus; i never have my kids bothering me about borrowing my camera anymore."

"I used the money from my daughters college funds to pay for this item and I must say that it came in the greatest quality box I have ever seen. You can use this box as a hat, glove, or even just a place for your cat to sleep. The camera is also decent I can take pictures of my box and I can see every detail when I look at the images."

"I’m one of the scientists working at NASA on the Hubble Deep Field project, and managed to convince the project management team to forgo a high-power scanning antenna for two of these cameras. We sent up the latest module with one of these wired into the module’s communications relay system, and are planning to use it for deep-space imaging. The module should be online and operational by December 2011, and I am seriously anticipating the first tests. The second camera has been used extensively to photograph the Pleiades cluster from Earth with astonishing results. Unfortunately, due to atmospheric lensing, the pictures are slightly blurry, leading to complications making out the detail of the atomic structure of the stars’ cores. Only 4 stars because a $29,000 camera should come with a quantum tunneling sub-system for short range photonic teleportation to avoid the lensing problem"

So, I thought let's have some fun here on Ausphotography.

The Sigma 200-500 f2.8 sells for well over $20K. So pretend you are going to buy one, or have one, and post a review (fake) below on how you afforded it, and what you think of it. Looking forward to seeing members whit and humour.
    Last edited by ricktas; 09-09-2018 at 7:38am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography