Thread: Looking for a New Computer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a New Computer

I used the search and found this old thread, which relates to my question. Like the OP my laptop and desktop are both ageing well and do most non photographic stuff that is required of them. However add Lightroom and much larger raw files and the procedure takes a while. Actually the desktop was rejected by Lightroom and it would not load for me at all. But I think it is whatever was before Windows 7 which may have something to do with it. Really need to update both laptop and desktop. Need to do laptop first and desktop in a coupl eof months.

My question is what sort of stats should I be looking at. Currently looking at something like this one.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-...laptop/503720/

Key Features:

15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare Display - 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 7700HQ (2.8GHz - 3.8GHz 6MB)
    1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD Storage - 16GB RAM (expandable to 32GB) - Nvidia GeForce®GTX1060 3GB GDDR5 Dedicated Graphics

Just wondering if that is enough to make things like Lightroom run a bit better then leave it and talk a walk while waiting for something to happen?
    Last edited by beaujest4; 19-12-2017 at 9:59pm.
    Cheers Al