Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

photo colour temperature

Hopefully my photos are attached.

So dragging the camera out I decided to play with depth of field just to get the process right with a view to taking some bird shots.

To my surprise I ended up with these two very different looking photos of the tree branch. The photos were taken from exactly the same spot and right after each other. So same time of day. The only difference was that I squatted down for the b version to reduce the amount of fence in the shot. I varied the aperture settings and took a number of shots and couldn't end up with the same brown colours of the "a" version.

At home using the raw images in photoshop I could drag the temperature slider up and easily create the same colours as in 'a".

There was a lot of background foliage and it's not like I suddenly shooting into a bright sky. Can someone explain why this is happening. is there something I can do taking the photo to get the effect I wanted which was the darker wood colour. It seemed to me that "a" was a truer representation of what I was seeing with my eye.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images