Quote Originally Posted by markdphotography View Post
I am a photographer - NOT a paedophile
Your profile states you’re located in NSW.

I suggest that you attain a “Working with Children Check” reference number from the NSW Government’s Office of the Children’s Guardian.

I understand that document is recognized interstate, throughout AUS. I have found it a very useful document overseas, too.

That’s what I would give to the Security Guards, not necessarily a business card.

It was your choice to pack up your gear and move on, based solely upon the Security Guard's report "3 parents had complained about me taking pictures": prima facie that probably wouldn’t have been my choice.

Four Girls - Greenhills Beach, AUS 2007

I sent a digital copy to one of the girls and got a reply that they all loved it.

Little Girl and her Dog - Venice 2012

Mum and Dad were inside the house when this was made. I called them out to show them the photo; made a few more of the whole family. Sent them a few of the files and got a nice 'thank you' note.

Notwithstanding my absolute agreement with the opinions contained within Rick’s commentary, specifically and definitively the need for street photographers to be good communicators:

it is also my opinion that a default buckling under to irrational societal pressure, is definitely not the best course of action and doing so will lead to a poorer society.

WW