Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
I personally think you're underestimating technology and how quickly the progression of technology will impact things. When you consider how quickly a phone manufacturer can die in the market (at the peak of the Nokia invasion, if someone told you in 5 years time that Apple and Samsung would be the biggest phone manufacturers, people would have called it out as bull), I think we can only assume that cameras will undergo similar changes. We have smile detection, eye detection, pre-focus and cameras taking photos before and after you take the photo to make sure that you get the perfect photo. They already have scene recognition to identify landscape, portrait, night etc. That's just the start. How long do you think it will be before a camera has the technology capability to look at a scene, identify the best possible crop, and tell the user the angle is wrong based on rules like thirds, parallel lines etc? 5 years is a long time in technology, 20 years is a lifetime. If someone isn't already working on it, they will be soon.
This may all happen for the average person's photographs, but the very best? I doubt that.
I worked with high end computers for most of my working life. I do understand technology and I use it, but what you imply is a human brain in a computer. When that happens, we will no longer be required. That will not happen in 5 or 20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
But, Steve. Where, then, do you put FB, Twitter, and other other recent social plagues?

MM's prognosis is as valid as any. I think Asimov was only partly right. It will be "We, Robots"
Whats FB got to do with it? And why do you think it's a social plague?