Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
I've hardly used it at the moment. Been concentrating on setting the comms up as I'll be using it on a job next week where the images I take will go straight to a server in real time for the clients to view as I shoot. There's a bit of pressure right there...LOL.

I have noticed though that it has the same issues with recording to two cards simultaneously as the Mk III did. It's just not fast enough in the SD slot. I have no empirical data on it though. It may be marginally quicker, but at the price, UHS-II, or two CF slots would have been the go I think. Did you notice that Canon flipped the positioning of the USB and HDMI slots on the side of the camera? The little plastic fitting only allows the cables to fit in the correct slot. It means that the fittings are not interchangeable between the two models ie the 7D Mk II fitting won't fit the 5D Mk IV model. Gawd, it's like Sony all over again. You couldn't use the same battery in different cameras when I had a Sony, nor use the same charger.

I'll be giving it a bit of a shake-down tomorrow at the MX Race Day, so I'll know for sure how it performs for the use it is likely to get from me by then.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to ask, have you tried the dual-pixel adjustment yet in DPP Ver 4? I had a quick look at it and couldn't figure out how to get it to work. I'll need to do some more reading. In the meantime, I'm getting 60MB RAW files with it switched on. That's only 600 images to a 32GB card, according to the camera's LCD display. The modest 7fps might be a good thing....lol.
so how did your shoot go? i haven't got around trying DP raw yet lol