Hi all,

I was at the Ipswich Historical Society site today, and tried photographing a dining room in one of their old houses.

As my widest focal length is 18mm, I took several photos with the intention of stitching.

The middle photo had a bright, backlit by sunlight, window so I took 2 photos, one exposing for the window and one to match the exposure of the other photos. No problem there...

My issue is with the stitching. Notice that on the 1st 2 images, the left hand knob on the front chair is in front of a different piece of silverware

DSC_2510.jpg

This is the image that is a HDR merge
DSC_2506_HDR.jpg

DSC_2505.jpg

This was my initial attempt to stitch using the default settings in photoshop. The exposure on the right hand image is off because for this 1st stitch I accidentally included a second copy of the RH image, which was not in focus, and Photoshop aligned and masked the OOF image, and left the in focus image with nothing visible. (I moved the mask to the in focus image and hid the oof image, but the merge process didn't adjust the exposure) This one has the knob on the chair, but the back of the chair is missing an upright
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

All my other attempts to perform the merge trying different settings, the chair ended up loosing the LH knob.

Untitled_Panorama5.jpg

Clearly, I need to do something different when initially capturing the images to ensure less misalignment of the various components.

I had the camera mounted on my tripod with a borrowed Manifrotto 498RC2 ball head, and the photos were taken by rotating the head.

What do I need to do in the future to ensure better image allignment?

Regards,
John