I frequently get emails from people wanting to promote some product or service on AP. Funnily as soon as I tell them there is an advertising fee, I dont hear from most of them again.

But today I received an email from a huge (multinational) health insurance company, that makes $Millions in profit each year. They wanted me to promote their latest competition on AP. So being inquisitive, I had a read through the entry terms and conditions and found this doozie:

Entrants, Finalists and Winners consent to *health fund* using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any digital, social or traditional media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of the 2016 *health fund* Blog Awards (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by *health fund*.

So not only can they use your entry, but your name, likeness, image and voice to promote their products etc. WOW. So if you entered, note only entered, not won, you could find your name and photo being used in advertising to promote health insurance, life insurance, aged care facilities and more that are owned by this health fund.

Wouldn't it be lovely to turn the tv one one evening and see your photo and name promoting a health fund...?? and you do not get a cent for it!

So I told them what I thought in a reply email. If you want to know which health fund click here, and if you want to see the actual competition, click here. But my opinion is read the terms and conditions fully..and do not enter!