Arthur, I have found that the DoF quoted at e.g. DOFMaster web site to be highly allegorical, or words to that effect!

They might have had some relevance in film days, but I find that they are all but meaningless with my digital cameras. Using hyperfocal distance as stated just leads to most of the image being OoF IME. I seem to recall an article at either The Online Photographer, or maybe Luminous Landscapes that explained why these tables are no longer very useful. I agree with that.

I only occasionally move my lenses off f/5.6, but different lenses have different diffraction effects. My f/2 50 macro is all but diffraction immune until about f/16, whereas my 14-54 is often noticeably affected at f/8, but sometimes not.

While I have got OVF cameras that give (roughly) 100% FoV at 1.0x magnification, I am a convert to the EVF in my E-M1. Having an EVF means that the shutter is always open, except when actually taking a shot. These cameras also have fully electronic shutters and electronic first curtain shutters. It is vaguely suggested that the E-M1 MkII will have a fully electronic shutter with full sensor readout. Olympus do have a patent for such a global shutter.