For any Tamron fan boys and girls out there ....

Tamron's 85/1.8 VC + 90/2.8 VC Macro lens news

and Tamron TAP-in usb lens dock news on DPR.

I've said a long time ago that this is the way of the future for lenses and finally now Tamron has probably realised that Sigma has stolen so much of their thunder simply due to this little USB device.
While it's not for everyone and some folks probably really don't care, that's not the point!
The point is to have the hardware available for the geeks to tweak and twiddle to their hearts content which gives them something to talk about .. and that talk is mainly positive!

I don't think it'll be long before genuine manufacturers will eventually follow suit with something similar, now that Tamwon has joined Sigma down this path.
Damn!... Nikon needed something like this over a year ago with their lens faux pas of late

Back onto the new Tammy lenses!
They do seem a little conservative given what Sigma has been doing recently(rumoured 50-100/1.8 probably going to be announced tomorrow .. plus other lenses recently)
They probably work really well and whatever .. just a tad conservative.

eg. 90mm should have been f/2 as a minimum, or they could have easily combined the 85 and 90 as an f/1.8 AND macro into the one lens .. a true portrait + macro lens in the one unit.

85/1.8 just seems a bit too 'average' as a lens, even with it's VC and now USB dock configurability.
It'll be more expensive that Nikon's 85/1.8 and irrespective of it's VC that's not a good sign from a thirdparty manufacturer.

Anyhow .. just my thoughts. I'm curious as to what others think too.