Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: PS6 not saving EXIF! Help!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the risk of getting into a long dissertation with someone who has way too much time on his hands, if you believe that FastStone will read the EXIF data "in a PSD file was created in a standardised manner", then why don't you create one and report back?

Why would you assume that I'm assuming dacar's workflow is the same as mine? I make no such assumption.
    If dacar is using PS to convert RAW files, or to edit JPG files, which from his first post, I assume he is (you can quote that assumption), then any keywording, tagging, etc he inputs using Bridge will be accessible to all the programmes you mention in any JPG file created, and via Bridge or LR in any PSD file created. Sure, in the case of PSD files, he needs to have the program installed on any computer he wants to use to access that data. He's licensed for two copies if he has standalone CS.
    XMP files only come into the discussion if we're talking RAW files. He can choose to have his data inserted into XMP files in which case he'd need to loose all the XMP files to lose all the keywording/tagging. If he chose to put all his data in a central database, then it would be easier to lose all that in one event, but that is not unlike LR is it? In Bridge, he can even export the cache to the folders containing the files. It is important to reiterate here that this relates to RAW files. There are no XMP files for PSD. The information for those is kept with the file, just like with JPG files.

I think you need to do a bit more research Arthur. That's a friendly suggestion, not a criticism by the way. Dacar asked why he couldn't see the EXIF in his PSD files. He's been given an answer that will work for him using what is already installed on his computer. I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Warbler; 17-07-2015 at 8:36am.