Quote Originally Posted by geoff72 View Post
Great shots, so clear and sharp
Thank you very much for your kind comment, Geoff!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bitsnpieces View Post
Definitely looks great, but I don't know if it's just me or does the head crop of the brown duck have some slight green colour fringing (or whatever it's called)?
Mostly noticeable between the eye and beak.

It doesn't occur on all images, just that one, and the tiny bird (absolutely extremely very little).

Yes, it was moire, but I have fixed it. The reason is, this lens is so sharp that moire becomes more of an issue. Less sharp lenses tend to mask the fact that the sensor has no AA filter. In otherwords, the lens acts a little like an AA filter. However this lens is so sharp that there is no hiding from moire in fine detail. I wasn't going to worry about it, but now someone has decided to be critical I thought I would go the extra and fix it.

Anyways, just on a side note, do you think your D810 might suffer from a very very little bit of front focus?
I'm only making the observation because I'm presuming you focused on the eye for your images.
No, the camera and lens were corrected for any front rear focus issues by Nikon and I have verified that it is spot on. If there is some front focus it is because my focus point was not perfectly where I wanted it as it is quite a challenge to handhold a lens of this length, many using TC's making it worse and be 100% perfectly accurate. If that is the worst you can criticise, then I am happy even of you are not.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=cupic;1283316]
Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments, Cupic!

Does that mean you will take me on as your apprentice
More than happy for you to tag along for some photoshoots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MissNarniee View Post
Seriously awesome shots!!
Thank you very much for your lovely comments, MissNarniee!