User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Pano Stitching Software - Update.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pano Stitching Software - Update.

So today I went to run the erstwhile Microsoft ICE to stitch a pano from last evening. - All very so far.

I got an encouraging message saying there was a new version and would I like to UPDATE?

Well, I did - along with some new C++ libraries..., etc, etc...

Go to use it - -?? I cannot save a full size version of the pano - no bigger than about 1/4 original size.

Hmm! This reminds me of the old Hugin I have on another machine, I thought. Also like Hugin, ICE now let me muck around with
    lots of new projections. But it gave me a clipped image, so I could not get the whole of the edges into the frame.

RESULT: After about 1/2 an hour of trying this and trying that - and let me say I'm no newbie to stitchware - I DITCHED IT
    and reinstalled the version I had before (last one).

TO BOOT, I said to myself, I'll go and get the LATEST 64-bit Hugin. So I did, tried it for about 1/2 an hour, found it to have
    REGRESSED MIGHTILY in the intuitiveness of the interface, and .... well, so far I have only ROUNDLY IGNORED it. Maybe I will
    ditch it too and look for an earlier (?32 bit) version.

Epilog: Heck! Talk about progress! - Because that's about ALL we will ever be able to do, and remember when it actually meant
    an improvement.

That's it. Any ideas/opinions/insights/commiserations will be greatly accepted.

Am(feeling like ).
    Last edited by ameerat42; 20-02-2015 at 1:41pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.